The historical settlement of Kardamili is built next to the sea of the Messinian bay. Together with Taygetos Mountain overlooking the sea and the proud frugality of Mani architecture, the perfect scenery is composed. Within the olive groves, on 4.5 acres of land, the small hotel unit is built. Carefully designed with respect to the architectural tradition of Mani, harmonically integrated with the surrounding landscape, it feels as if it has always been there.
The hotel is located 1km from the center of the village. Guests will need 2.5 hours to travel from Athens to Kalamata and from there another 45min on one of the most graphic routes of the Peloponnese.
The unique history of the area is imprinted on every single rock. The villages with their tower houses and their countless churches that connect us with history and tradition, reveal themselves to the traveller through the endless olive groves, the bushes and the wild flowers.
Do not forget to visit the fortified settlement of the Old Kardamili and the Museum, only a few minutes’ walk from the main road.
Visit the majestic house of British writer and traveller Patrick Leigh Fermor, located in Kalamitsi, one of the most beautiful sceneries of the area.
You can organize small excursions to the nearby mountain villages, such as Petrovouni, Agia Sophia, Proastio and Exochori and enjoy the magnificent view of the Messinian bay, visit historical sites and monasteries.
For those who wish to enjoy the crystal waters of the area, various choices are provided. The impressive beach of Karadamili, Ritsa, with its characteristic pebbles and calm waters is recommended for relaxation and mild water sports, while the rocky coastline further on is recommended for scuba diving and underwater observation. The absolute Mediterranean ambience of Kalamitsi beach, the particular scenery of Foneas beach, the unquestionable charm of Delphinia beach, as well as the more organized and crowded beaches of Stoupa, provide you with suitable alternatives for all tastes.
For longer excursions, there are many attractive destinations worth visiting:
- The Inner Mani villages and Diros Caves in the southern part of theMani peninsula, which ends at Cape Tenaron, the southern mainland part of Europe.
- The state of Mystras with its numerous byzantine churches, on the Laconian side of mount Taygetos.
- The exceptionally restored archeological site of Ancient Messene.
- Western Messinia with Nestor’s Palace and various significant archeological sites and museums, the medieval castles of Pylos and Methoni and many beautiful beaches.
- The city of Kalamata, for walks in its historical center, shopping in the street market, visiting the archeological museum and the V. & I. Karelia collection of local traditional costumes, having a meal or a drink in the center or at the beach.